On the Road with DMU

September 23, 2009 —

road

Fall is my favorite time of year. It’s not just that I love the crisp temperatures, forests changing colors to vibrant reds and oranges or even the fantastic college football (GO HAWKS!)  I also love fall because it’s a busy and exciting time around campus. Fall is when we start our interviews for our clinical programs, and it’s also when our enrollment staff starts traveling to undergraduate schools to recruit new students. We visit classrooms, talk with student groups and attend fairs and expos. It’s an exciting time of the year!

I love fall because as a director of admissions I get to travel around the country and meet so many interesting students. People from all walks of life across the country are preparing for graduate school right now, and I have the pleasure of getting to meet many of them when I’m out traveling.

Last week I got to see the sunrise over the Sierra Nevada Mountains as I drove to the first recruiting event of the fall in Reno, Nevada. As much as I enjoyed the beautiful early-morning vistas, I was more excited to meet some students that day and introduce them to Des Moines University. Right now, I’m back in Des Moines, but I’ll soon be heading to Wisconsin (first thing next week) to visit students in Green Bay, River Falls, Eau Claire and Menomonie.  So, if you’re in central Wisconsin, you should find some time to stop by and say hi!

If you’d like to meet with me (or one of my many colleagues in the enrollment office) when we’re out traveling this fall, we’d love to hear from you. Check out our fall travel schedule.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to meet you on a perfect fall day at your campus.

Photo by Justin.Taylor