Mmmmm, so tasty!

September 15, 2009 —

29785393

I thought I’d point out some new places to eat around town…. Because, well, I love to eat and I love new places!

Yesterday I was delighted to try the new smashburger in West Des Moines.(Full disclaimer: my entire lunch and that of my friend was free. It was a social media folks invite-only preview type event and we didn’t pay a dime.) This is a chain out of Denver and tomorrow marks the grand opening of the first smashburger in Iowa. I had the Spicy Baja which did make me sweat a bit. I also had a yummmmmmy milkshake and tried a bite of the BBQ, bacon & cheese. So delish!Another place I need to try is Incredible Pizza which recently opened in Urbandale. This sounds like an awesome place for families! I will have to take my little brothers there and check it out!

Word is that there is a delicious new sushi place on Ingersoll verrry near DMU. Will have to plan a lunch there soon.

It’s not a new restaurant but a new location for El Aguila Real. A group of friends from DMU and I hope to check it out tonight!

The Register’s new business columnist had some food biz changes too. Check her blog out.

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• http://www.kidschairworld.com/ kids Chair

Wow that looks like a tasty burger and fries, and its spicy, my favorite. Too bad I live so far away!