Dining al fresco

August 8, 2009 —

patio wineACK!! The summer is quickly dwindling. Get thee to a patio quickly while the sun is still shining so beautifully! I don’t care if it’s a PBJ on my own deck or a fancy dinner with white tablecloth somewhere, there’s something magical about eating outdoors in beautiful weather!

Whether you’re finishing a week of orientation or you’re entrenched in your second or third year as a student (or you’re staff, faculty or a University friend) I know you treasure your weekend. So do as I plan to do this weekend, map out your outdoor meals and kick back to relax! I’m even planning to enjoy breakfast with friends on a patio downtown this weekend.

The Register had a nice top 10 list of local patios recently. You can also search by ‘patio’ on EatOutDesMoines.com. Metromix has a selection of listings with patios and a list of after-work patios to find!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• press machine

yes

• Jill Edgerton

You have inspired me! I think a picnic is now included in my weekend plans! Thanks!

• https://wso2.org/wiki/display/~kassandrai07 Bill Bartmann

Cool site, love the info.