Fun run info

June 12, 2009 —

runningI’ve received a few questions this week regarding running resources in Des Moines, so I did a bit of research on the topic.

First I thought I’d start by sharing a few of my favorite places to run: To the fridge during commercials, to the mailbox on my birthday and to the ice cream truck as it passes my house on a summer day. If that’s not what you had in mind, then perhaps these sites might be more helpful…

Fitness Sports is a store in Des Moines where the staff is quite knowledgeable about running, and their website has a ton of runner’s resources – plus we get a 15% DMU discount there! Here’s a link directly to their running clubs page.

Check out a list of Des Moines city trails or get Trails.com’s list for Des Moines.

Wellness Central –This is a page on your New Student Portal, and another great resource if you’re into fitness. If you don’t know how to access this page, look at top bar, click on “My Communities” and select Wellness Central – there is an extensive list of fitness resources, running/biking trails, etc. You can also complete your Wellness Center Release form and sign up your Plus-One partner for the Wellness Center as well!

And, of course, get signed up now for the DMU Run-Day-Voo August 15.

Enjoy!