The fair lineup!

March 31, 2009 —

So the other day I asked, via DMU’s Facebook page, what you’d like to see on our blog. One of my friends in the admissions department, Jean, pointed out that the Iowa State Fair has released their lineup for this summer’s fair. HOLY canoli, how did I miss sharing that news?! I’m glad Jean has my back and reminded me! If you’re a new reader, you may not know this but I LOOOOVE the Iowa State Fair. I look forward to it every year, go several times, see as much as possible & eat every tasty delight they sell, or at least as many as I can stomach each day! 

Soo…without further ado & with apologies for my tardiness, here’s a link to this summer’s lineup! One  of my fave things about the fair, however, is the FREE music. That lineup will be out in May so stay tuned.

Also, please mark your calendars now – Des Moines University Day at the Fair is August 16. We’ll have all sorts of awesome freebies, cool games, free treatments & screenings and more. Plus, you can meet me!  Who’d miss that?!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• http://www.imsethstevenson.com Seth Stevenson

Shinedown would be cool to see, but I think my fiance will drag me to Kelly Clarkson… hmm.