Lunch with Governor Branstad!

March 5, 2009 —

I’m so glad I went to have lunch with Governor Branstad (DMU’s president) today. He absorbed all of our concerns ranging from requests for additional printers, concerns about our laptops and parking issues, among other topics. You just had to be there to hear it all! I highly recommend students attending one of these lunch meetings when they become available (usually once a month – check the student portal) because he will listen attentively to your concerns. 

I’m actually pretty happy with everything so I didn’t have much of a concern but I just wanted to hang out with our legendary governor. And he was ok with that too.

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.