Iowa rocks!

March 30, 2009 —

I’m starting to feel like a broken record (BTW, a “record” for those younger than me refers to those weird round things our parents and grandparents “spun” for tuneage, from what I’m told.) It seems I can’t stop talking about how great Des Moines, Iowa is! But hey I’m just sharin the news, folks, I can’t make this stuff up!

The latest great report is that Congressional Quarterly Press ranked Iowa as the #2 place to live for its quality of life, behind only Wyoming. This is based on education, safety, health and economic development.

Also recently reported, Forbes magazine ranked Des Moines the 7th best place for business and a career! They look at education, unemployment rates, crime, business costs and culture/recreation opportunities.

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.
  • Tea

I love it here! And I would stay if I wasn’t such a weenie about snow.