Des Moines, how I love thee!

June 2, 2008 —

Summer is here, the flowers are in bloom and the weekends are full of cool things to do – reminding me yet again that Iowa is a great place to live. My husband and I recently traveled to a few different states on vacation. We had a blast but it also made us appreciate where we live. We could have actually taken our entire vacation in our own state and had a blast. Check out this guide to a vacation in Iowa

This weekend is Winefest AND the Greek Food Fair! I’ve gone to the Greek Food Fair the last few years and thinking about it is making my mouth water – it’s so delish!

Yet again, Des Moines has been recognized as the super swell place it is. Check out:
Kiplinger’s top ten list of places to live/work/play

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.