Why give to Des Moines University? Because a gift to DMU is an investment in the future – an investment with a guaranteed return.
Your gift supports our top priority: students
Your contribution allows us to continue offering high-quality academic programs, as evidenced by our students’ board scores, residency placements, licensing exam pass rates and other primary indicators.
Your gift makes a true difference
You may help fund scholarships, acquire new technology, expand global health opportunities or increase diversity throughout the campus. Contributions also support DMU’s academic programs, faculty development, research endeavors, facilities and learning resources.
Your gift makes education in medicine and health care more accessible
Tuition payments alone can’t cover the costs of that education. At the same time, DMU is committed to making educational opportunities affordable to outstanding students. Your support is critical to funding excellent, accessible education.
Your gifts are vital
Your gifts are vital for maintaining the high quality and steady progress DMU demonstrates every day. By supporting future health care professionals, you will help meet the many complex needs in health care, too.
If you are considering a gift to DMU, online giving is just a click away.
Need more reasons to give?
Evidence of our success:
- In 2008, Des Moines University marked its 110th year.
- Students in the College of Osteopathic Medicine consistently score above the national average on the COMLEX levels 1 and 2 exams. Of the COM Class of 2009, 96 percent passed level 1 on their first try, compared to the national average of 90 percent.
- Students in the College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery consistently score significantly higher than the national average on the National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners. Ninety-four percent of the DMU CPMS Class of 2010 passed the board on their first try, compared to the national average of 81 percent.
- In 2008, 83 percent of DMU’s osteopathic medical students received their first choice of residency program.
- In 2008, 83 percent of DMU’s podiatric medical students received their first or second choice of residency program.
- Students in DMU’s physician assistant program have a first-time pass rate of 94 percent (five-year average) on the PA National Certifying Exam; the PA Class of 2007 had a 100 percent first-time pass rate.
- 2008 graduates of DMU’s doctor of physical therapy program had a first-time pass rate of 90 percent on the licensure exams.
DMU students, faculty and staff serve society in numerous ways:
- Every year more than 400 individuals receive free health assessments and information at the student-organized DMU Senior Health Fair.
- DMU students and staff employ their skills in osteopathic manual medicine to relieve aches of central Iowa residents at the annual OMM Community Night.
- DMU students and faculty partner with local physicians to provide free sports physicals to hundreds of middle and high school students.
- Students in DMU’s Osteopathic Finish Line (OFL) provide free osteopathic manipulation to hundreds of runners after events including the IMT Des Moines Marathon and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
- DMU students volunteer at numerous venues and events around central Iowa, including Special Olympics, Project Dream Space, Read for the Blind, Wheels for the World and fundraisers for organizations such as the American Lung Association and the Heart Connection.
- DMU students and employees provide tutoring and mentoring services to students at Hanawalt and Perkins elementary schools.
- Osteopathic medicine students offer “What’s in a Doctor’s Bag” presentations to students in central Iowa elementary schools.