Established in 2003, the Des Moines University President’s Society honors generous individuals, private and family foundations, public corporations and corporate foundations who make annual gifts of $1,000 or more to any DMU college, program or fund. Members of the President’s Society provide the components that make the University innovative and exceptional. President’s Society members who contribute lifelong gifts cumulating $100,000 or more become lifetime members of the University’s Founders Society.
Annual Recognition Levels
| Founders Society
||$100,000 and above
||$25,000 and above
- Total gifts to Des Moines University received during each academic fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Contributions must meet or exceed $1,000 by June 30 in order for a donor to be recognized as a member.
- Gifts can be made in support of any Des Moines University college, program, fund or university event.
- Public corporations and corporate foundations are eligible for membership
- Annual pledge support amounts determine recognition levels
Eligible Gift Types
- In-Kind (with documentation)
- Real estate
- Corporate matching gifts (provided recognition isn’t prohibited by company’s matching gifts policy)
- Soft credit for current spouse (with documentation)
- Any type of planned gift is eligible
- Annual pledge based support
Donor Recognition and Opportunities for Engagement
- Donor name(s) listed in the annual Des Moines University Honor Roll of Donors
- Special invitations to donor and campus events including the prestigious President’s Society Holiday Reception
- Des Moines University Magazine
- Holiday card from President Franklin
- Special communications and recognition from Des Moines University senior leadership
President’s Society Members
Current fiscal year 2015 (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015) President’s Society Members
|Chidozie J. Ononuju, D.O. ’96, Pharm.D.
||R. W. & Mary A. Nelson
|AT&T Services, Inc.
||Iowa Medical Society
|Johan Aerts, D.O., FACOS
||Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery
|Thomas R. Buroker, D.O. ’68 & Patricia G. Buroker
||Ms. Linda M. Carter-Lewis
|Patricia A. Cottrille, D.O., FACOP
|W. Stevenson Glanton, J.D.
||Gary & Marcia Hammers
|Bill & Char Kimball
||J. Douglas & Debbie Reichardt
|John Ruan Foundation Trust
||Ronald D. Sanzone, D.O. ’68
||Sanford D. Zelnick, D.O. ’80
View President’s Society Members from past fiscal years:
For more information about joining the President’s Society with an annual gift, contact: