The Legacy Society recognizes individual donors and their spouse who make planned gifts or bequests to Des Moines University. The Legacy Society recognizes and celebrates commitments made today that will benefit DMU’s students, faculty, and programs for many generations to come.
- Planned gifts may be any amount and must be documented with Statement of Intent, Supporting estate documentation and a member of the development staff.
- Gifts can be made in support of any Des Moines University college, program, fund or university event.
Eligible Gift Types:
- Beneficiary designations
- Charitable gift annuities
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Life insurance policy
- Retained life estate agreements
- Gifts of retirement asses
Donor Recognition and Opportunities for Engagement:
- Special invitation to the annual President’s Society reception
- Donor name(s) listed in the annual Des Moines University Honor Roll of Donors
- Special invitations to donor and campus events
- DMU Magazine
Current Legacy Society Members:
|Anonymous (2)||Arthur E. Angove, D.O. ’62||Lyle R. Bailey, D.O. ’55|
|Lori & Larry J. Baker||Mary Byrd||Dr. & Mrs. Frank M. Clark|
|Dr. Robert & Brenda Good||James T. Haffenden, D.O. ’52||Richard Irelan|
|Aram Janigian, D.O. ’63 & Susie Janigian||Anthony C. Korvas, D.O. ’69 & Cathy A. Korvas||Ralph Levy, D.O.|
|Paul L. Ruza, D.O.||Alan J. Saltzman, D.O. ’78||Robert J. Smick, D.O. ’55|
|Lowell L. Troester, D.O. ’54||Richard L. Vermeer, D.O. ’76||Louis B. Walk, D.O. ’66|
For more information about planned giving, please contact: