|Groups and committees
- Master of Public Health, Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
- Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Certificate of Completion, Des Moines University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Nursing, Marshalltown Community School of Nursing, Marshalltown, IA
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- State of Iowa Physician Assistant licensure
|Area of Expertise
- Clinical Medicine
- Physical Diagnosis
- Clinical Skills
- Clinical Patient Assessment
- Senior Project Course
- Clinical Outcomes Coordinator
|Professional Organizations, Committees and Boards
- Physician Assistant National Recertification Exam item writing committee
- Board of Directors for the DMU Alumni Association, currently Vice President
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Patient Services Committee
- Co-coordinate an annual workshop on Blood Cancers and the Light the Night event
- Volunteer patient advisor
- Train volunteers for the First Connection Program and also speak to survivor and support groups throughout the year.
- Volunteer with the Women in Science and Engineering Club at Iowa State University.
- COPD and blood pressure screenings at the Iowa State Fair for the Lung Association at the Farm Bureau Tent
- DMU Day at the Iowa State Fair the past several years.
- Review/Critique text for Jones and Bartlett Publisher
- Item writing committee member of Physician Assistant National Recertification Exam
- DMU Faculty Review Panel – 2013.
- Review CASPA applications and participate actively on the PA Program Admissions Committee as well as interview candidates each year.
- DPT Program’s Scholarship Committee.
- Assist the Wellness Department with screenings of DMU students and employees.
- Other Campus committees served – CHS Golf Benefit, and Faculty Grievance.
- Participate in commencement as mace bearer, award presenter, alumni and guest hooder marshall.
- Represent DMU faculty and the DMU Alumni Association at White Coat Ceremony
- Helped with COPD and blood pressure screenings at the Iowa State Fair
Awards and honors
- DMU Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 2013, Vice President
- DMU, CHS Alumna of the Year 2011
- Pi Alpha Honor Society
- Alpha Eta National Honor Society
Assisting Carla Stebbins, MHA program director, with a research project that is studying PA student personality types
Submitted a partial book chapter for a book update. The topics I authored are functional ovarian cysts, fibrocystic breast disease and endometriosis. The name of the book is Physician Assistant Handbook. The book was published in April 2004 and is currently in print.
- 2014 2 day presentation for PAEA, PA Program Admissions personnel, Admissions Workshop in Washington, DC.
- PAEA Education Forum, Admissions Certification Program (10 hour program for new admissions personnel in physician assistant programs around the country) in conjunction with two other PA Program faculty 2013
- PAEA Education Forum, “Admissions Personnel Networking Session” coordinator – 2013
- PAEA Education Forum, “Admissions Best Practices, round table discussions on various topics (my table addressed interview techniques) – 2012
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, lecture on “Blood Cancers, the basics” to survivor group and again to a support group – 2012