Applications for 2015 matriculation are currently being accepted through the centralized application service. We operate on a rolling admission basis at DMU-CPMS, which means we interview and accept students into our incoming class throughout the application cycle. The deadline for applications is June 2015, however, we encourage students to apply by March 2015 for best consideration.
- Apply through the centralized application service: American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service. When applying through AACPMAS, designate that DMU-CPMS should receive your application.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to AACPMAS (not DMU at this time)
- Official MCAT scores should be released directly to AACPMAS (not DMU)
- We do not accept GRE or DAT results.
- Admission decisions are not delivered until official MCAT scores are received through AACPMAS.
- Deadline: June 2015 – all application materials and transcripts are due to the AACPMAS. Please note, due to our rolling admission policy it is to the applicant’s advantage to apply early in the cycle. We often fill our class during the spring, well in advance of the June deadline.
2) Letters of recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required, and should be sent directly to DMU-CPMS admission office from the letter writer or university. Letters from relatives are unacceptable, as we prefer the letter writers to be as objective as possible. Letters should be sent at the time of application, and are accepted before applications arrive. It is to your advantage to ensure your letters are on file prior to an on-campus interview. The following letters are required, however, we will accept more if applicable:
- One letter from a DPM related to your podiatric medicine exposure, including shadowing, volunteer or work experience.
- One letter from a science professor, advisory committee or academic advisor.
We prefer to receive letters electronically, and your letter writers may upload directly to the DMU website via the link below:
Letters are also accepted via Virtual Evals or Interfolio services. Letters may also be mailed to:
3200 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
All applications are reviewed within 2 weeks of receipt by DMU-CPMS, and you will be notified of a decision via email. Initial decisions may include an invitation to interivew, placement on hold, or denial of admission. Competitive candidates will be invited to interview on campus, which is a required next step to continue being considered for admission. Final decisions are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the interview.
Please note: First-time entering students may apply to only one Des Moines University clinical program at a time (includes D.O., D.P.M., PA and D.P.T.). Multiple applications will not be accepted or processed.
If you are an international student, please refer to our international student information pages.
Accommodations in Education Policy
The University complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Iowa Civil Rights Act and other laws relating to the Accommodations of disabilities in its educational programming.
View the Accommodations in Education Policy