Des Moines University’s mission is to develop distinctive health professionals committed to service, health promotion and the discovery of knowledge.
Traditionally, most of our students come from within the United States. Under limited circumstances, Des Moines University will consider qualified non-U.S. citizens for admission into specified programs.
- Individuals who are not U.S. Citizens nor permanent legal residents are eligible for admission only to the Post-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy or the Master of Public Health online-only programs. International students are not eligible for admission to any other DMU program.
- Permanent legal residents of the U.S. are eligible for admission to any DMU program.
- If you are a legal permanent resident of the U.S.:
- Apply to Des Moines University using the appropriate application process.
- Upon acceptance to DMU, submit a notarized copy of your permanent resident card (green card) to the admissions office. Deadline for receipt of this documentation is the same as your final seat deposit deadline.
Note: Applicants with permanent residency status “pending” are not eligible for admission.
If you have questions about DMU’s international student policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-271-7498.
Frequently asked questions
Which DMU programs allow international students to enroll?
International students are eligible for admission only to the Post-professional Doctor of Physical Therapy or the Master of Public Health online-only programs.
Are permanent legal residents eligible for admission?
Individuals who are permanent legal residents of the U.S. are eligible for admission in any DMU program. Permanent residents are required to provide a notarized copy of their permanent legal resident card (“green card”) at the time of acceptance. Deadline for receipt of this documentation is the same as your final seat deposit deadline.
Note: If you have applied for permanent residency, and your status is “pending,” you are not eligible for admission to DMU.
Can I obtain a scholarship or financial aid to assist with tuition and expenses?
International students are not eligible for U.S. Government guaranteed loans or DMU scholarships. If you have a relative or friend who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and will co-sign a loan (guarantee repayment), there are private banks that may assist you.